Information regarding admission for the 2019/20 school year.Applications for admission to ISN Preschool and Elementary School began on September 5th 2017. Applications for the after school programme, The Project, can be made at any time.For the seasonal programmes (spring, summer, winter), announcements regarding the details will be made on this site. Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
PreschoolStudents wishing to join ISN preschool are not required to have any prior knowledge of English. Each class has a limited number of places available. Once these have been filled, we will end the admission process for the year. Should two or more applications for the final place in a class be made on the same day, that place shall be decided by ballot. (1) Families with siblings at ISN, and (2) Families who live in Matsumoto, where both parents are working, will be prioritised in this order. ※Families who apply after all the places in a class have been fulfilled will have the option of being placed on a standby list, should they wish.
Admission numbers for the 2019/20 intake
|Age||Class||Number of Students|
|2 years old||Rainbow (Nursery 1)||18-24 students(12-18 per class)|
|3 years old||Aurora (Nursery 2)||20 students|
|4 years old||Shooting Star (Pre-Kindergarten)||20 students|
|5 years old||Milky Way (Kindergarten)||20 students|
Admission application procedure.
- Download the application form [here].After gathering all other necessary documents, please send to the below address. Delivery by hand is also acceptable.
International School Of Nagano
Minami Matsumoto Campus Preschool Office
Matsumoto City, Minami Matsumoto 1-2-2,Nagano 390-0832
- We will get back to you within one week of submitting your application.
- Once payment of your initial fees has be confirmed, we will send a certificate of enrolment.
- Further details regarding the enrolment process will also be sent at some point in February 2018.
Elementary SchoolWe require quite a high level of speaking. writing, and reading skills in English for students who want to join the ISN Elementary class. Please contact us first before submitting the registration form. We will arrange a school visit and an interview.
Requirements for 2019/20 admission.
|Age:||Grade 1 to 5
Students born between April 2nd,
2007 -and April 1st, 2013
|From Grade:||1 to 5 , 15 -20 students.|
- *Depending on how many applicants we get from each age range, classes may be divided accordingly.
- *ISN preschool graduates will take priority in admission.
The application procedure.
- For those wishing to apply for ISN elementary school, we will firstly conduct an interview with the student and their parent/guardian. This can be done at the school itself, or for families living outside of Nagano prefecture or outside of Japan, a video interview can be conducted.
- After the interview, we will send the application form by email or mail. Please fill in all information requested and submit to our Shimauchi campus:
ISN admission office
7779-1 Shimauchi,Matsumoto City,Nagano,390-0851
- After we have received the completed application form, we will be in contact to give further information on enrolment, registration fees, and all other remaining information.
- After all documents and the bank transferare are completed, we will acknowledge the child as an ISN student and send the letter of acceptance by mail.
- Students must be registered to a *public elementary school. We will explain the process by which they need to be registered. *Schools along the line of Article One of the 1947 School Education Act.
- We will send the ISN school policy and other paper documents around February 2018.